CFA Review Program Policies
Refunds, Cancellations, Credits:
Each course has specific refund/cancellation dates and terms, as well as non-refundable deposit amounts. (The non-refundable deposit for all courses priced over $900.00 is $100.00.) These specific terms are stated on the event description page, as well as in the confirmation email received immediately after registering. If you need a copy of the refund policy for a specific event, please email your request to Candidates@CFASanFrancisco.org.
All cancellations and/or refund requests must be made in writing and emailed to Candidates@CFASanFrancisco.org or faxed to 415-381-0907 by the date specified in the course description page. Refund requests (less any applicable non-refundable deposits) for enrollment cancellation will be issued in the same method that payment was received.
No credits will be given for future CFA Review class.
Repeating CFASF Review Classes after failing an exam:
CFASF is your local non-profit CFA® Society. Profit is not our motive - helping you earn your charter is. Our review courses are priced below courses of other review programs but that isn't always a comfort if you've failed an exam and want to repeat a class. To help, the following policy was put in place effective January 2007.
If you took a CFASF review course and paid full price for that course, then failed the corresponding level CFA® exam that exam season, you may take the same level CFASF review course at a discount subject to space availability* as follows:
- Repeating a course in the same calendar year: A candidate may take the course for the second time at a 40% discount if it is in the same calendar year (e.g. June/Dec Level I exams in the same year) subject to space availability*.
- Repeating a course in different calendar years: The candidate may take the course for the second time at a 20% discount If the class is not in the same calendar year subject to space availability*.
- Repeating a course for the third time: If a candidate repeats our CFASF course twice and fails that same level twice, that candidate may repeat the CFASF Review course a third time for free, subject to space availability in the class*.
- Priority: Candidates paying full price have priority over those receiving discounts or free courses. Candidates paying full or partial course fees have priority over those receiving the class for free.
- Calculating the discount: The discount will be taken on the price before the late fee and as long as permission was requested before late fees went into affect, the candidate will not be charged a late fee. If permission to repeat was received after the late fee is in affect, the candidate will be responsible for payment of the late fee.
* Subject to availability: Availability will be determined by CFASF once the late fee has gone into affect (approx. one week before the class begins).
Procedure to repeat a course:
- Request permission: Discounted (or free) spaces are subject to availability and the candidate must request the discount by email. Candidates should request permission for the discounted course by emailing CFASF at Candidates@CFASanFrancisco.org. After CFASF has determined that the candidate is eligible for a discount, permission will be granted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Registering: Once a permission to repeat a class has been given, The candidate should register for the class online at the full price. The candidate will receive the discounted amount as a refund from CFASF. Refunds will be issued in the same method that payment was received.
CFASF's Right to Cancel or Make Changes:
CFASF reserves te right to cancel a course if minimum enrollment is not met. Candidates will receive a full refund if the courses was cancelled by CFASF due to enrollment numbers. Also CFASF reserves the right to make changes in time and dates of courses. Students will be notified of any changes or cancellations.
Code of Conduct
Candidates participating in CFASF's CFA® Review Program agree, by virtue of their participation, whether they complete the program or not, are bound by the following:
1. Candidates participating in CFASF's CFA® Review Program shall conduct themselves in accordance with the Code of Ethics and the Standards of Professional Conduct of the CFA Institute. The Code of Ethics, as amended and restated May, 1999 is as follows:
Members of the Association for Investment Management and Research shall:
A. Act with integrity, competence, dignity, and in an ethical manner when dealing with the public, clients, prospects, employers, employees, and fellow members.
2. All electronic files, handouts, and other instructional materials used in the CFASF CFA® Review Program are protected by one or more copyrights. At no time shall any candidate reproduce or distribute any electronic files, handouts or other instructional materials used in CFASF's CFA® Review Program without the written permission of the copyright holder and the Director of CFASF's CFA® Review Program.
B. Practice and encourage others to practice in a professional and ethical manner that will reflect credit on members and their profession.
C. Strive to maintain and improve their competence and the competence of others in the profession.
D. Use reasonable care and exercise independent professional judgment.
Policies updated Aug. 2007.